The file will update your version of Half-Life to version 22.214.171.124, regardless of what version you currently have installed. Also within the update is the Ricochet Mod for Half-Life that changes the standard first-person style to a third-person game with TRON deadly disc-like game play.
Half-Life Version 126.96.36.199
- Ricochet included in this release.
- Added logging of the anti-cheat system catching and kicking detected cheats.
- Added logging of "kick" commands.
- Added logging of "banid" commands.
- Changed error message if clients try to download missing resources to be more
- Changed 'exec' command now only works on .cfg and .rc files.
- Changed 'exec' command no longer allows ".." or "\\" or ":" in the filename.
- Added new debug message for mod makers if a packet couldn't be parsed
- Linux: hlds_run now does auto-restart by default (to disable: define
"-norestart" on the command line)
- Linux: hlds_run uses "exec" when you define the "-norestart" option.
- Linux: Added -pingboost command line parameter. Currently supports three
different methods ('-pingboost 1', '-pingboost 2', and 'pingboost 3'). These
may not work well (or at all) on some OS environments.
- Linux: Added "-debug" flag to hlds_run to automatically run gdb and pull out
- Added "serverversion", can be set to '1108' to view/re-record old demos.
- Added "sv_logbans" to turn the logging of player bans on and off. Default is
- Fixed incorrect WonID logging.
- Fixed sv_allowdownload being required to be set to 1 for clients to connect to
- Fixed 'bad address type' fatal error on servers that attempt to run in secure
mode but have no DNS resolution.
- Fixed DropClient messages for Steam clients who were banned or have a
duplicate Steam ID to properly show the SteamID of the client.
- Fixed HLTV reporting wrong spectator numbers if connection to server was
- Fixed "multicast 1" not working if it was issued before HLTV connected to game
- Fixed relay proxies reporting wrong spectator/slots numbers in multiplayer/LAN
- Fixed DMC powerup bug where the invisibility ring would make people glow red.
- Fixed rcon bug in HLTV.
- Fixed delay being reset to default value during changelevel.
- Fixed a problem with propagating HLTV banners.
- Fixed client freeze on exit.
- Fixed framerate problem on some ATI video cards.
- Fixed MaxPing filter not being saved correctly.
- Fixed sky box bug.
- Fixed TFC spy disguise menu bug.
- Fixed DMC view model animation bug.
- Fixed bug using "exec
- Linux: Fixed server using 64 MB more memory than it needed to.
- Linux: Fixed 'undefined symbol: __strtouq_internal' on some Linux systems.
- Linux: Fixed segmentation fault on some Linux systems when attempting to run in secure mode.